Annual General Meeting
NEXT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 4th June 2024 Please come and support your local Council. Elect your Neighbourhood Councillors. Presentation of various local Awards.
All residents of Werrington are invited to attend this. Those aged 18 and over and living in the area can attend and vote at the meeting. Anyone from outside the area can attend and speak but not vote. During the meeting Members of the Council are elected to serve a two year term (five are elected annually). The Co-opted members (up to 6) are appointed at Council Meetings throughout the year and not at the Annual General Meeting. All of
the officers and representatives of our Council are appointed at the first post-AGM Full Council meeting and not at the AGM.
The papers for the 2023 meeting are here AGM 2023 – MEETING PACK
The Annual Awards
One of the key features of the Neighbourhood Council AGM, held in June, is alw
ays the various awards that are made to members of the community. These include:
- The Werrington Award,
- Community Contribution award(s),
- Community Appreciation award(s),
- Environment Award(s).
- The Good Citizenship for Youth Award: Every year we seek nominations from the community for the Good Citizenship Youth Award to a local individual or group who have in some way made a significant contribution towards helping the community and/or its environment It is made to a person or persons between the age of 12 and 18.
Our 2023 Award winners were:
Community and Environment Awards:
- John Lawrence and the Blue Bell team for their contribution to the Peterborough Homeless Helpers
- Carol Cook of Werrington Joggers for her life saving first aid treatment
- Neil McCulloch of Insurewise for his support of the many community groups and events
- Malcolm Rash for his dedication to keeping Werrington clear of litter
Good Citizenship Youth Award Shield and Prize: Turkey Fundraising Project team from William Law Primary School for their fundraising efforts after the Turkey earthquake.
Werrington Award: Lise Alexander Smith for her dedication to so many Werrington organisations